The NCC is one of the largest landowners in Canada’s Capital Region. NCC lands include urban parks, parkways, recreational paths, Gatineau Park, the Greenbelt and more. To use NCC land, a permit is often needed. There are two types of permits: event permits and land access permits.

  • Event permits allow you to hold a one-time event on NCC land. An event ranges in size from a major festival or sport competition to a wedding or a large family picnic.
  • Land access permits gives you access to NCC land for a longer period of time. This type of permit is needed for construction, research and ongoing activities, such as events that take place on a weekly or monthly basis.